Wright Family Arts and Entertainment Centre Foundation Group Grant Application
For generations the Wright family name has been synonymous with philanthropy and community service in Strathroy-Caradoc and surrounding area. The generous contributions of siblings Don, Bill, Clark, Ernest, and Mary Wright have been attached to several significant community projects.
This legacy lives on through the efforts of the Wright Family Performing Arts and Entertainment Centre Foundation, which makes funds available to the community to support performing arts and cultural initiatives.
The Foundation was established by the late Dr. Mary J. Wright, who brought together a volunteer Board of Directors before her passing in April 2014. The Board of Directors has developed a Community Grant process to ensure that her vision of fostering the arts in the area is brought to life. The fund provides financial support for a wide range of projects in the performing arts (music, dance, theatre, etc.) and arts and cultural education.
To submit an application for a Community Grant, your organization must have a registered charitable number from the Canada Revenue Agency. Non-profit organizations can also apply, but they must establish a written agreement outlining their partnership with a Registered Charity, such as the Strathroy District Arts Council.
Please view the following written agreement template for reference:
Applications received from for-profit organizations will not be accepted. You may apply for only one Community Grant per calendar year.
Each Community Grant request will be evaluated based on whether or not it meets the following objects of the Wright Family Performing Arts and Entertainment Centre Foundation:
- To support performing arts in the community;
- To educate and increase the public’s understanding and appreciation of the arts by providing performances of an artistic nature in public places, senior citizens homes, churches, community centres, and educational institutions, and also by providing seminars on topics relating to such performances;
- To provide instructional seminars on topics related to the performing and visual arts;
- To produce performing arts festivals for the purposes of educating and advancing the public’s understanding and appreciation of performing arts, and to educate artists through participation in such festivals and related workshops.
If, after reading these guidelines, you have questions about your project, please contact one of the Advisory Committee members listed below before submitting your application.
The Wright Family Performing Arts and Entertainment Centre Foundation reviews all grants based on their merit:
- Only registered charities are eligible for grants.
- Organizations must demonstrate a strong and committed board, fiscal responsibility, and effective management.
- Projects must primarily benefit the residents of the Municipality of Strathroy-Caradoc and its neighbouring communities. For projects located outside the Municipality, applicants should demonstrate how the project will also benefit the people of Strathroy-Caradoc.
- Grants are awarded for specific purposes and for projects covering a definite period of time, typically one year or less.
- Pilot or demonstration projects must include provision for evaluation and a realistic plan for financial viability beyond the pilot stage.
Application Form and Deadlines
Download and fill in, or print the following Community Grant application form for submission and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Foundation PO box at: Wright Family Arts and Entertainment Centre Foundation, PO Box 20005, 78 Front St E, Strathroy, ON N7G 4L6 on or before the following application deadline dates:
Upcoming Intake Deadlines
- July 6, 2018
- October 5, 2018
- January 4, 2019
- April 5, 2019
- July 5, 2019
- October 4, 2019
Notice of Decision, Agreement, and Payment
Applicants will be informed of the Board’s decision following the posted meeting date for each intake period. Once the application is approved, but before the Community Grant payment can be received, an agreement must be signed outlining the scope of work associated with the project and confirming the contribution amount from the Foundation. Upon signing the agreement, 50% of the contribution amount will be issued, with the balance payable upon final evaluation and confirmation of paid receipts.
Should you require assistance in completing your application, or have questions regarding the Wright Family Community Grant program, please contact the review committee: